Monday, August 24, 2009

Odds & Ends

I have been wanting to update for awhile, but we really haven't been up to anything too big! The busyness of summer has calmed down, and now we are back to normal life. Most of our life is filled up with our jobs....but, that's life, dang it! I am very much looking forward to being a momma one day....."sigh"..... my time will come. Besides that, with the other time we have, we have been doing odds and ends around our house, we finally cleaned out the garage...WOO HOO! We have only lived there for 1 year and a half now...and finally did it!

An on-going project since last summer has been your yard! And I am happy to say....we finally have grass....in the front yard! The back yard....not so much, we are still working on it. It's full of horrible ugly weeds, blah! But that will change soon, we are clearing out the weeds and putting in a sprinkler system, well, that's the plan at least. Hopefully by next spring we will have grass! Oh....then it will be lovely.....we will have a back yard we can use!!
The backyard :(

*BEFORE*

Dirt.....ugly, ugly dirt.

*AFTER*
I love grass. It's makes me so happy.
Another project (we have many) that is pretty much done, is remodeling our little mini master half-bath....if you can call it that. It's the size of a closet, and only has a toilet and a sink. Besides the size, I am quite proud of how it turned out! I wish I had a "before" picture....but I forgot to take one. Oops. It was pretty sad....it had blue carpet...CARPET in a bathroom! Ewww! That was the first to go! We titled the floor and painted the walls from a dirty, dingy white to a light brown/dark tan color. We got new base board, a brand new sink, a new medicine cabinet, new lights, and new decorations.
One of the only things left to complete the bathroom was curtains. I was just going to buy some, but I couldn't find any that I liked that matched our new bathroom colors. I did finally find one at Lowes, but they cost $16.00....and were too big for our little window. So,I decided to put my rusty sewing skills to work, and got some fabric off the Clearance rack...and "WA-LA"....I got myself some new curtains....for only $3.00!
I have been in a extremely crafty mood lately.....I fill like my head is full of all these ideas and no time to do all of them! I have the best ideas for Halloween decorations! I am so excited to put up all my fall decorations, is it too early? I swear, every year I get excited too early and want to put them up....and it's only just the end of AUGUST!! That's my life story, I just can't wait for anything....I am so impatient.


"Ta-Da!"
The finished product.

******************************************
Last Sunday, we went on a little drive to Logan....just because. We just wanted to get out of the house and Ryan, of course, had genealogy on the mind.....wanted to stop by and see his great grandparents graves up in the Logan cemetery. We drove past USU.....which brings back so many happy, fun memories for me. I attended Utah state for 2 and a half years.

Even tho I lived up there in Logan, back in my college days (when I was just interested in my social life and most of all, boys!!) I never really stopped and looked the old Tabernacle or the temple. Ryan has never seen them either, so we stopped and walked around. Having a husband that loves church history is quite beneficial, I have learned so much from him and it makes these old buildings mean so much more, hearing the history about them brings them to life. We haven't been inside the Logan temple yet, but we hope to change that soon. Like every temple, it's beautiful.

*Pretty, pretty*
I love to see the temple.


*************************************************

I am like years behind everyone else, but I just completed reading the whole HARRY POTTER series! And it was great! Way better than I expected! Before I read the books, I had seen all the movies, so when I started the books, I knew everything that happened up to book#5, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. So when I started book #6, it was so fun, cause I had no clue what was going to happen! I finished book #6 right before the movie came out, which made the excitement of the movie coming out that much better! The last book was my favorite, it was so intense and like book #6, had no idea how it would all pan out. Loved it! Can't wait for the last two movies to come out!

I just thought this was a cute picture of the Harry Potter trio.
Emma Watson (Hermione) is so pretty.

OH...AND I CAN NOT EVEN WAIT!!
November 20th....is to far away!
82 days to go!!!

We are movie people.....I love going to movies, and watching movies at home. I have seen lots and lots of movies and am always wanting to see more and more. I have found a new favorite. I loved this movie! I have heard that a lot of people didn't like it, but.....I can't stop thinking about it. I know, I am such a weirdo. Ever since The Notebook, I have loved Rachel McAdams....and so.....I just had to see it. It has it's sad parts, but I thought it was so sweet and pretty entertaining. The ending was the best, so sweet. I think the reason I pick certain movies as my favorites, is because somehow I feel they relate to me. or just because I am a hope-less romantic.

1 comment:

Matt and Jenni said...

The Logan temple really is magical...you should go, ASAP! But, I'm a little biased, since that's where Matt and I got married...so it's magical all the way around. ;)
I am a movie freak too, so I'm so glad to hear that you liked the Time Traveler's Wife. I have been wondering lately if I should go see it, and now I think I will! Thanks for the review!