Sunday, September 27, 2009

Couldn't wait any longer....

......I had to put up my HALLOWEEN stuff! I put it all up a week ago. I am a little bit of a weirdo, I just LOVE to buy holiday decorations......I can't get enough of it! I buy more holiday decor then normal home decor! I walk into a store and I am instantly drawn to the Halloween isle.....and I could stay there forever. I am even worst when it come to Christmas stuff, I have so much Christmas decorations, it all can't fit in my house! I have like two Christmas trees, and that's not including the OTHER 3 smaller trees and the little tree that goes outside on the front pouch. I get so excited every year, I even day dream about where things are going to go and things I can make. I think I will never, ever get tired of decorating for the holidays, I will decorate my house till the day I die! I get really excited about the little things!
I got this plate holder in my kitchen, so I am always looking for festive plates to change through out the year according to the season. I don't have any fall plates, so I made some. They turned out okay, but I am still learning.


I love pumpkins....we counted, and I got 10 pumpkin decorations in my living room....
but only two in my kitchen.
Oh, how I love my new mantle!
It was so fun to decorate!
The dinning room:
the chandler is my favorite.



I got this cute candy corn candle idea from http://littlenannygoat.blogspot.com/. It's a craft blog, and there's lots of great ideas! I love crafts, and it helps me fill my head with new ideas! It's so nice to have a hobby and stay busy. I sometimes feel my life is so routine....sleep, work, eat, then back to bed. It can feel like a never ending cycle.....and I find myself needing hobbies to change it up a bit. That's why I get so excited for holidays.....CHANGE AND FUN! I love all seasons! awww....I love Summer! I love tee-shirts and flip flops, boating, fireworks, etc. But I love the winter time too, when you get to snuggle up, with an nice warm blanket, in your cozy house.....with an good book or a movie! Most of our "Movie marathons" are in the winter time. I am ready for the change, I am getting excited to get down all my hoodies and sweaters. And I am a traditional girl, and the holidays are full of traditions.

We have lots of fun and exciting plans ahead.....we are getting all new windows and doors in our house! I know, I'm feeling old now, getting excited about WINDOWS!! AND....HAUNTED HOUSES are now open! Who doesn't love to be scared! :)

2 comments:

Keely said...

Very Cute! Love the Kitchen light!!! And those candy corn candles turned out way cute!!! I have my scarecrows up outside! That's it! HaHa... I don't even have my house "normal" decorated yet! :)

Julie said...

Karen you are such an adorable decorator! I need to hire you out!! Looks like you guys have been up to some fun this summer! I'm glad you're doing well! Tell Katie Hi, from me next time ya see her! **btw...i LOVE the haircut on you! Looks fantastic!