Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Our New Years.

Wow....I can't believe it's 2010, already. The end of a decade.....Weird.
Well, 2009....there was:
A couple of vacations (4 to be exact),
lots of home improvement,
some laughing till I cried,
tears,
lots of movie nights,
an addition to our family,
stress,
hoping and waiting,
planning,
new friends,
Love.
All in all, it wasn't a bad year.
***
For 2010, I am excited for something new....a new me.
I have already made a HUGE list of resolutions.
1. Baby
2. Eat healthier.
3. Work out regularly (isn't this on EVERY ONE'S list).
4. Drink more water.
5. Read the Scriptures everyday!
6. Be happy.
7. Cook more.....maybe try some new receipts all by myself.
8. Be at home more.
9. Train Ellie: potty train, come, sit....etc.
10. Build up our food storage.
11. Catch up on my scrap booking.
12. Go to Hawaii :)
And that's just a few.

Ellie loves the snow.....she goes crazy!
She loves to run in circles, prance and hop around, and of course DIG.
If we let her....we'd have HOLES all over our yard.
She also loves to hid her bone, we play hide in go seek on a regular basis.

Our NEW YEARS EVE was loads of fun.
We spent the night with my family.

We played CLUE....haha!
I haven't played that since I was in like High School....it was great.
We would always play against my brother Jeff, but after he WON every time....we stopped playing with him....it wasn't as fun to always lose. SO...THIS TIME....
He still won. Oh well, next time.....
It was still fun.





After the game....we were planning on watching a movie...but we all got lazy and ended up watching America's funniest home videos....all the way to midnight.
Then, we turned on Dick Clark's Rockn' new years eve.





The last night with my brother Jeff :(
So sad. He had to leave then next day.
I wish he lived closer, I miss him so much.
But we made the most of it....and stayed up till 3 o'clock....watching movies.
Whoa...I know...3:00 is late for me....we usually go to bed around 10 to 11 pm.
We're old.
She's just a little crazy.

Ellie doing what she does best.....chewing.
GOOD BYE 2009...
HELLO 2010 !!

A tradition in my family....getting GOODIES in our shoes!
It's comes from Welsh, a English tradition.
When it's midnight....a man has to be the FIRST to open the door, to bring in the new year.
Then in the morning....the new year brings you goodies and treats....in your shoe.
This year I got scrapbook paper and a candy bar, Ryan got Braveheart on bluray.
It's a fun tradition that we will defiantly past it down with our kids.
So far, MUCH is planned for our new year....better get started. :)

1 comment:

Veater Family said...

Karen! I am soo glad that you have a blog to get to know you better. I love reading whats going on in your life! Fun stuff :)