Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Cali

Summer has been so crazy. SO CRAZY! Summer is always busy, (we all know this), but I swear, this year has been extra busier for our family than normal. I am having a hard time catching up! But as always, I'll keep on plugging along, trying to catch up, if that is possible.
In May, we always go on a vacation, since May is the month we celebrate our Anniversary. We decided to go visit my brother and sister-in-law, who live California. They just had a brand new baby boy in January, and I wasn't able to go down in February for his blessing! I was dying! I had to see that sweet little baby!  That was the deciding factor, we had to visit them in May!


                               And there he is! The one and only Ryker man!







Ooooohhhhh.....How I love him!!!


                                       Daddy Loves him too!!!

                                       

 DAY 1:  May 26, 2012

Best day ever. Six years ago, I married the one whom my soul loves! Happy Anniversary to us! I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have my Ryan. He is my pure happiness. Whatever trial I am facing or will face in my life, I can get through it. I know how blessed I am because I have him. I will ALWAYS have him. Forever and ever. Love him with all my heart and soul.

For our Anniversary celebration, we wanted to go somewhere fancy to eat. We ended up at a restaurant called Moon Shadow, which supposedly is famous with the stars, Mel Gibson in particular. With that in mind, I was on the look out! I'm kinda a nut when it comes to famous people. I never saw one there, but my brother did! He saw Lacey Chabert, from Mean Girls (I love that show! it was so my high school experience! ha!). How did I miss that! argh!






 Our table was out on the deck, where we could eat by the seashore. The atmosphere of the whole place was pretty cool! Like most fancy restaurants, the prices are super high and the portions are super small. But it was worth it for the experience. We made fun memories!


                                                                 

                                      DAY 2: Ventura Beach




                                    Having fun at the Beach!


                        What?!?! We're not supposed to climb on the rocks? Oops....

 
 I can't get enough of that little Ryker. 
I was on a baby high! I really can't wait to have one of my own.

        Yo-ho, Yo-ho....a pirates life for me!
                     
It was a very cute little harbor! 
Lots of fun shops and old vintage boats to look at.

DAY 3
Due to my brother, Katie and I are major movie buffs! And I was ever so lucky to marry another fellow movie buff. So when we visit California, some fun and cheap entertainment for us is to find locations where some of our favorite movies where filmed. Like last years trip, we spent a couple of days driving around searching for them. The first site we found was from ANGEL! I am a major Buffy the Vampire fan, but I really didn't get into Angel. I don't know why? Maybe cause I know Angel and Buffy never end up together and it drives me crazy....so I guess I boycotted the whole series. Well, I did watch the ones where Buffy made a guest appearance. Any who.....Vanessa loves Angel, so this location was for her! This is the apartment building where Angel lives.


No, no....we never get lost.

J
 By the UCLA campus, there is a ice cream shop, called Diddy Reese, that is absolutely delightful! I had a cookie sandwich, chocolate with peanut butter chips with peanut butter ice cream! PURE HEAVEN! My month is drooling!

Rodeo Drive! I love this place! Fashion is everywhere!!





Who's seen Pretty Women? Me, me! Over and over again. It was one of my favorite shows when I was younger. Apparently, in my youth, I didn't understand the whole hooker thing. Anyways, we found the store location where Julia Roberts says "Big Mistake. Big. Huge. I have to go shopping now!" It looks pretty different from the movie, but the GPS said that was the right address, so we took a picture in front of it!
Below, is another location from Pretty Women.
 Its the Beverly Wilshire, where Edward stayed in the movie.
      
     <-------------------
You don't see that everyday!
The next few pictures are famous clubs on sunset strip, where lots of 80's bands got their start, like Motley crew.














<----------The Viper Room, which is Johny Depp's Bar. RIP River Phoenix.
Wah-hahahaaaaaaa! 
Its the House from Nightmare on Elm street! I actually have never seen this movie (or any of the movies) all the way through, only bits and pieces of it when it airs on TV during Halloween time. Freddy Krueger scared the crap our of me growing up, I think he gave me nightmares! Look at that awful face! Who wasn't scared of him!!

Micheal Myers from Halloween, on the other hand.....isn't as scary as Freddy Krueger. He didn't keep me up at night. And because of that, during the beloved Halloween time, I find myself watching it (and LAUGHING at how cheesy it is). Gotta love classic old horror movies!

And....then there's the TAR PITS!! (seen in My Girl)
Isn't this the most depressing display ever! Poor little mammoth family.


Day 4: More movie Locations!
Okay, don't judge me. As a teen, I was a little bit more wilder than I am now (so was Ryan, I'll share some blame with him :) I think I gave my parents a few grey hairs back in the day. Anyway.... The American Pie series cracked me up, and I can't help but like them. So, we found some locations from the movie. Above is "Dog Years", which was a hot dog joint where Jim and his buddies liked to hang out. Today, it's still a restaurant, but it's called cafe Opera, and it's much more fancier than some hot dog joint.
And when you think of American Pie, there's two things you think of. 
First, apple pie (ewww!). Second, BAND CAMP!
Yes, we found the one and only band camp. In reality, it's only a park. But, when we found the area where Jim gets mistaken for Petey and has to play a trombone in front of a packed audience, we were so excited! That was the funnest part in the second movie!

My cutest Ryan

My bestest friend.

Day 5: Campfire on the beach!
Funniest idea ever! I loved it! I've sat by many campfires in my life, but never one on a beach. It was such a fun experience, one that I think everyone must try!

Me and the cute Ryker-roo! He likes beach campfires too!









I'm not a huge hot dog fan, but I guess they aren't so bad over the fire.

Who doesn't love beach pictures? Especially ones in the sunset!!




 Love my Ryan to the moon and back.
I am so happy.
                                                    
   Family is what happens when two people fall in Love
Just being silly....

Day 6: Vasquez Rock....
is a very famous rock. It's been in hundreds of movies (well, "hundreds" might be exaggerating just a bit). I do know it's in Star Trek during the worlds worst fight scene between captain Kurt and some green reptile looking alien. And most importantly (to me) it was in the WB series Roswell.



Ryan and Jepper climbed to the top. It doesn't look so high in the picture, but it's actually really steep!

While the boys climbed to the top, I got to take care of the cute little man. He is such a happy baby....even in the middle of the dessert, in 100+ degree weather! Whew.....it was SOOOO hot!


Live long and Prosper!
Due to the fact that we were sweating to death (what were we thinking of hiking a HUGE rock when it was like a thousand degrees outside!) we decided a trip to the beach was much needed.
To Zuma Beach we go!

And let me just say....it was FREEZING at the beach! Completely opposite from earlier that day! What is up with that? But at least I got this cute picture with Ryan. Oh, how I adore this picture, soooo one of my favorites ever! It's pretty nice to have a photographer for a sister.

And this is how my pictures turn out. haha! So what if she's not centered. At least she isn't out of focus.

                                
  You're never too old old to play in the waves!


  DAY 7: Last day
Photo shoot with Ryker. Katie took tons and tons of pictures of this cute little guy. These were two of my most favorites.



After, we headed downtown to the middle of LA for more site seeing.
And thats where we found Kat Von D tattoo parlor! When Ryan and I first got married, we lived in a cute little (I mean little) basement apartment. Not only was the rent dirt cheap, utilities paid for, we got FREE cable TV! Mostly, I always got stuck watching the Girls next door, but occasionally I landed on Kat Von D's "LA ink" reality show as well. So here I am, in front of the parlor!

The Muppet studio!!! I love the Muppet's! Miss piggy is the BEST!
Thank you Mr. Stan Lee for the Avengers!

And like most tourist, we went to:
THE WAX MUSEUM




This is our friend Will :)



Katie missed the memo that she was being eaten alive! She's all smiles :)
If these mannequins are actual measurements, Tom Cruise is one short dude.



Love Mr. Robert Downy Jr.
Iron Man is awesome, but I even liked him back in the 80's! One of my all time favorite shows was Only you!

------------------------------------>
Hello Sidney.....what's your favorite scary movie?








Got to have a picture with Bella and Edward.




Get that Corn out of my face!!
Ka-Pow!!!





Jeppie Powers, at your service.


Ryan LOVES Shanghai Noon!

Probably the only picture I'll ever have with Brad Pitt.

I can't help myself....I loved watching the Girls next door.

John Wayne's one tall dude!
That Hair's gotta go.....


Yay for Turtles! Michelangelo was my fav!



We could totally be Charlies Angles




Last, but not least (we'll visit Cali again) is the Griffith Observatory. Katie Loves this place, I think she could spend a whole day there. She was super excited to get a picture of the moon rock!


On the trip home, we saw this baby tornado. It was the first and hopefully the last tornado I'll ever see. Cali was a blast! Best of all was seeing Jeff and Vanessa, and that adorable Ryker. We love them so much and can't wait to see them again.










1 comment:

Veater Family said...

Love to hear about your summer fun!