Ahhh......Valentines.....oh, how I loved it! Our Valentines day wasn't just a day....it was two! On Friday the 13th (Ewww....Ahhhh! Scary!) I came home from work and saw roses on the table for me. Ryan decided to give them to me early so I would be surprised.....it worked, I wasn't expecting them on Friday. What a great husband I have, I love him so much! Also, later that night, Ryan took me to see "Confessions of a Shopaholic". I was so excited, ever since I first saw the preview....I couldn't wait to to see it! It was so up my alley....I love to shop, love Isla Fisher, and at one point in my life....I think some people might have thought I was a shopaholic. So what if....I might have maxed out 3 different credit cards, worked at a clothing store (the mall was my second home) and basically spent my whole pay check on gorgeous clothes and shoes. I would lay awake at night and daydream about all my new found outfits and all the accessories that they would go with! I still think you can never, ever have enough shoes.....or purses......or dangly pretty earrings....or bracelets.....or anything pink, sparkly with just a tad of lace or ruffle! I dare say I was a little obsessed....but a shopaholic.....Nah! ;0)
It was a way cute show....very entertaining and I always love anything to do with fashion! It wasn't as good as "The devils wears Parda"....that show....is absolutely one of the best shows in the world....and is on the top of my most favorite movies of all time! But it was quiet funny....and a lot of her experiences related to me. Ryan hated it, he said for a chick flick, it was one of the girliest ones he has ever seen! He really, truly does love me, I know....if I asked him too, he would suffer through it again. All the clothes were so fun and bright! Some of the clothes were a little extreme for me....but fitting for this show!

For the 14th, I decided to make Ryan dinner. Normal wives do this every night....but me, I am not that great of a cook and it scares me....it seems like I always ruin the food. The simplest of meals....I burn or add to much or too little of some ingredient. I know I need more practice, and I want to be a good cook one day.....so my babies will say "my mom's cooking is the best" like what I say about my mom. I can make some meals....like spaghetti....and tomato soup and grilled cheese! I am a pro at mac and cheese, that got me through college! But, surprisingly...my Valentine meal turned out great....and tasted good too! It gave me a bit more courage to cook. I also decorated the table with some of the roses Ryan gave me.
Ryan also came home with another little surprise, which was a Campbell's recepie box, full of all kinds of easy recepies. Ryan is so patient and so helpful in teaching me how to cook.... and I do WANT to learn to cook, so I was really happy! I am actually really excited to cook some of the meals, they look really good! And I guess in order to be good, you have to practice.
5 comments:
Karen! I'm so glad I ran across your blog! I have a blog as well but it is private, so send me your email and I will send you and invite! If you have Katie's email send it to me as well, and I'll send her an invite.
Maresa
crossleymaresa@hotmail.com
Love your flowers. Im glad your food turned out. I knew you had it in you.
Your such a nerd! I hope that watching confessions of a shopaholic didn’t trigger any old…obsessions! ... oh wait you still can't get enough shopping!!!
You are a dork of course I still Love you:)
Thanks for stoppin by! All IS well...and it looks like it is for you too! Good to hear from ya. :)
Post a Comment