
Today is our three year Anniversary......of when Ryan Proposed! It was a random Thursday on Feb. 23rd! I was working that day, and when I got off....I was so tired! Ryan called and said he wanted to go out to eat....but I was so beat, that I told him I didn't want to go out and that we should just stay at my house and hang out. So, soon as I hung up the phone, he called my Mom and told her she had to convince me not to stay home. So I got home and asked my mom what was for dinner.....and she said we were having Patio soup.....and I HATE patio soup! So Ryan came over and was like....are you sure you don't want to go out? So....it was go out or that stupid soup.....so we went out. Thinking that we were only going to go somewhere like fast food...I put on my comfy clothes, a nice warm hoodie! We were discussing where we should eat and Ryan goes "How about PF Chang's?" Okay.....this is when clicked! Was he going to propose tonight?!?! Then I got really excited.....cause why would we drive all the way to salt lake on a week night, to PF Chang's.....one of our favorite restaurants ever! THEN he goes "Oh, and since we are going to salt lake.....they have this historical exhibit at temple square that I want to see. Can we stop by really fast and look at it?" HA! That just confirmed it all to me! Tonight was the night! So...when we got to PF Chang's, we had to wait a while....even on a weeknight. I remember looking around and seeing everyone and their dates....and all the pretty girls all dressed up....and I was wearing a hoodie.....IF I'D KNOWN.....I would of dressed up! By the time we were seated and ready to eat, it was kinda late. Then out of no where....Ryan goes "It's getting late, maybe we won't go to temple square....the exhibit is probably closed by now." I was like WHAT! Isn't he proposing tonight? If he was....why would he just change the plans just like that! Then I was bummed....cause that night wasn't the only time I thought he might of proposed....there was at least two other nights before that I thought it might have been. So....kinda still hoping....I convinced him....that we should just try and stop by and see. So, it was around 9 o'clock by the time we got there, as we walked in the gates....two lady missionaries approached us and told us about the Joesph Smith Movie.....this was when it first came out, and I hadn't seen it yet. I was all up for seeing it....since I had changed my mind about the proposal. Ryan kept saying no, that we had to go to work in the morning and that we could see it another time. I kept saying no....lets go see it....and the two missionaries kinda were persuading us to go and said "We'll go get your tickets" and they headed off into the building. Ryan grabbed my arm and dragged me to the east side of the temple and we hid behind a tree. I was like what are you doing....and then he pulled out the ring! He had been planning the whole time to ask me there....but we had to escape the missionaries first! It was such a great moment....so perfect....how it all played out.... it was so Ryan, and I loved it. I cried, and of course I said yes. After he proposed...I called my family and apparently everyone already knew....AND....had a poll of when he was going to do it. Each member put in money and they all had to guess a date....and who ever got the closest date, got the money! Apparently it was up to about 50 dollars.....my brother Mike won.Anyways, that's my story....and I love it.

7 comments:
How CUTE!!! That is seriously a great story. I think everyone in my family knew matt was going to propose but me...I think I had the blinders on! :)
happy anniversary! You two are the cutest couple ever.
Yes, it IS a bed and breakfast! It's so good too....and free! Depending on the room you get, they will bring it to your room or you eat in the parlor with the fireplace. It's so neat. And the breakfasts aren't wimpy! They're divine! I totally recommend the place...its amazing.
Happy Proposal Anniversary!! That is such a cute story and you guys are perfect together!! I love hearing proposal stories, I just LOVE love :)
That is SUCH A CUTE proposal story! I love it! Being surprised makes it all worth while..doesn't it? You guys are so cute! Sounds like you had a great valentine's day and Way to go on the cooking!!! :)
**hey I haven't heard from miss katie..she is alive right? :)
Always a pleasure playing the family bookie! I would have won if he would have proposed earlier! I remember we were all so excited for you to get home that evening!
Cute stuff! I'm doing good, but trying to get Garrett to hurry and take a test so we can get him signed up for summer school at Weber and Apply for SUU for the fall. How are you doing?
Post a Comment