Friday, April 8, 2011

The magic of Ordinary days.

Is it me or is this time of year so boring! Out of the whole year, January through the end of April is the worst. Not only is there nothing to do, it's still cold outside! I was "Done" with Winter in January! And...it just keeps snowing! It's APRIL...where's my spring? Please come soon.


Because of all the boredom this time of year brings us, we tend to slack on picture taking. We usually only take a few here and there, nothing compared to the million we take the rest of the year. Nothing too exciting has been going on in our life, we're just trying to take one day at a time....and have high hopes for the future. The other day, Ryan had to work late, so I hung out with my cute parents. My mom just loves Hallmark movies and always has a new one for me to watch with her. Her latest one was called "The magic of ordinary days". I didn't expect to like it as much as I did...and I can't get it out of my head. Not only is it a love story (I am such a hopeless romantic), but it's also one of those "feel good" movies....which now-a-days is much needed. After watching this movie, it got me thinking... how I want to enjoy the "magic" of my ordinary days. To try to notice the sweet and simple moments in my life...everyday. The future, to me now is kinda scary...anything can happen. I will never think "that won't ever happen to me" ever again. But after watching the show, I find I can cope with the fear better when I realize the simple happiness's of life and that everyday doesn't have to be scary....and that helps me have high hopes for the future.


"My Beloved brothers and sisters, fear not and be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith." -President Thomas S. Monson


As you can tell....I still complain about things...like the cold weather and this awful time of year, but I'm still trying...I'm a work in progress.


One of my daily joys in life is my dear little Ellie. She has been such a blessing to us, as well as a life saver too. She is just so busy and does the craziest things....even on our sad days, we can't help but smile and laugh at her! She is just so wacky! We love her so much and are so thankful for the fun and laughter she brings to our home.



Smile for the camera.

Oh, don't you just love the cute pink bows! I do...but Ellie doesn't.

She will do anything to get them out.


This is one of Ellie's most favorite things to do...look out the window and bark at any cat, dog or person who dares to walk by our house.The mail man has to be her arch nemesis.

Another Joy: Conference Weekend. Awww...a nice day where we can relax and stay home, listen to uplifting messages, and hang out with our family.

Grandpa loves Ellie too, even though she is a mooch pooch...

Grandpa spoils his grand-doggies.


Ellie also loves Aunt Katie...

especially her purple slippers.

3 comments:

Veater Family said...

I think that one day you will be a famous writer. I love to read what you write. It is soothing to my soul :) Thank you for sharing your talent and your life... it is a cute one :)

Starbuck said...

Why does your crazy dog always insist on trying to chew on my purple slippers!!!

Brandon and Alexa Leishman said...

Karen, I love your blog! and your dog is so cute! Brandon and i went to the pet store and saw a baby scotty and I wanted her so bad!! He almost agreed.. BUt he wants a great dane..