Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I miss you, Florida!

Wow, it's been forever. But hey, better late than never, right! Waaaay back, in January, we went on a trip to Florida. The weather was perfect! It was between 70-80 degrees. But the company was even better than perfect! We went with Ryan's parents and the Franklins, who has a time share in Florida. We are so grateful that they invited us to come along, we had such a blast!



It's hard not to catch some Zzzz's on a 3 hour flight.
We got to our Hotel late that night, so about all we did was get some pizza and went straight to bed. The next day was Sunday, a warm sunny Sunday at that! We enjoyed the whole day hanging around our amazing Hotel.
Oh, what memories we made at this pool!





Of course, Ryan had to check out the weight room....even on vacation.

That Sunday was also my father-in-laws Birthday! A very nice guy made a lovely Mickey Mouse hat just for him, in celebration of his birthday :)


Happy Birthday to the greatest dad! We sure love you!

Our hotel, like I said, was amazing. It had TWO floors. Fancy, huh!



It says: U + GOD = :)

It's true! So very True!


The next day, Monday, we went to Discovery Cove. This place is AMAZING! So, so, soooo Fun! Did you get that, SOOOOO FUN!! Out of all the fun days we had, this day was my favorite.


It's a armadillo! It's so cute! Look at that cute pink nose.

Discovery Cove has so much to do! There's snorkeling with the fishes, floating down the lazy river, and even a all you can eat buffet! You can even swim with the dolphins, which I so wanted to do. But when it cost $200.00 a person, we decided not to. Dang it! Next time....I hope. Then I can finally cross it off my bucket list.






Ryan, you Oinker! Okay, okay.... half of that food is mine. Who doesn't go a little crazy when it's all you can eat, just saying.

We snorkeled with Stingrays and Manta Rays, which were seriously huge. Kinda scary, really! haha! I was so scared I was going to step on one!







Floating down the lazy river.



It's me!

We also met a Sloth. They are so funny looking, and stinky smelling too.



Discovery Cove also had a bird Aviary. Birds are everywhere. And they land wherever they want to!

The Birdies loved Ryan. But who doesn't :)





Look at this little guy. He really liked us.





Like father, like son.



The end of the day was sad, I didn't want to leave!


I saw this exact same dude last time! We went to Florida in 2009, and drove past this same car back then too! What a weirdo!

On Tuesday, we went to Aquatica, which is Sea Worlds water park.





I really didn't take a lot of pictures that day, I guess I was too busy playing.



On Wednesday, we went to Sea World. That day was the coldest day out of the whole trip. It rained and we froze. So we only spent half the day there.

I was proud of my mid-action shot :)

Silly Seals...

Cutest Paige.

I want a pet dolphin, that's all I ask.

Manta Rays are so slimy feeling...





We went to Busch Gardens on Thursday. I didn't know that it was half a z00! We only had one day to spend there, and we so needed two! There is lots to do and see!

The pet show! I really love anything to do with animals doing cute things. Man, I need to teach Ellie to do that :)

This has to be the old wise kangeroo, that watches over the others.

We got to pet kangeroos!







The Sheikra. So. Fun.



I love them so.

Can you see Ryan, back there in the gray?

Monkeys are seriously so funny to watch. That one back there, he wants to give you a kiss.

Some really cute monkeys.

And to end the trip.....this is what happened to Ryan. Oh my sweet Ryan, who is just a big kid at heart. Long story short: while swimming in the pool, he smacked his head right into a corner of the pool. Then we spent the whole night at the emerency room. So, 6 stitches later, we now have this lovely fun memory to tell. And plus, now Ryan has a matching scar with Harry Potter.




Good bye Florida. I really, really, REALLY miss you! The night we came home, it was snowing like crazy, which made me miss Florida even more!

So happy it's spring now! At least the sun is shinning more! yay!

2 comments:

Krystal said...

Looks AWESOME! I'm glad you were able to go have so much fun!

Brandon and Alexa Leishman said...

How fun!!! I'm so jealous... I miss florida.. If i could convince Brandon we should move there, I totally would!!

looks like you guys had so much fun! Except for near the end, pour Ryan!

I miss you!!