Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Everyday Life

At the moment, life at our house isn't very interesting. Ok, no.....I take that back. With a husband like Ryan and one crazy pooch, life is very interesting. They keep me smiling and laughing, even on my bad days. I get the privilege to hear a new song (one that Ryan makes up as he goes) every morning. Guitar music is often heard at our house, mostly something from Metallica or Van Halen, but sometimes the Buffy theme sneaks in there. Ellie constantly carries around her new squeaky toy (Mr. Squeakers) that she loves to death. She tries to bury it (like its her treasure) in the blankets we keep by the couch. She's just like a kid, you get her a new toy, and she never leaves it. This is my life on a daily basics, besides work and working out (yes, again, but this time I'll keep it up.....I hope). But other than the little things, which really do matter, we've had to find other ways to entertain ourselves during these long cold months. You know how this time of year goes. For us, it's too cold to want to go out and play . And if we did, there isn't much going on out there anyways. So, since we hide away at home, we have recently become obsessed with this:



SUPERMAN!


Or, actually....this series:


What have I been missing?!?!


I love it! I love it!


I guess we're on some sort of a Superman kick, cause since we started watching Smallville, we've been watching the 1980's Christopher Reeves ones too. I used to watch them when I was a kid, but I didn't remember them being so cheesy.
All in all, not only is Superman super awesome, I am loving spending the time with Ryan. It's our time, where we can cuddle up and just be together. And Ellie snuggles with us too, and I love having my family all together.


And then there's Books. I am loving books lately.

When I was younger, reading wasn't my favorite. I do remember enjoying "The Baby-sitter's Club" back in 3rd grade, but after that books became boring to me. I never really read them in High School either, and when I did, it was because I had to for school. But then the Twilight series came out, and EVERYONE told me it was so good. So I read it.
And from there, I've been hooked. I've finally discovered the joy of reading! I can't believe I ever thought books were boring!

I've heard reading was a stress reliever, and it must be true. It is so nice to escape life and fall into my imaginary world. Not that I don't love my life, but an escape is much needed from time to time, cause we all know, life has it's hard moments. The Hunger Games helped me get through this last year....it was an escape. You all know I love the series and now I know I'm going to love the MOVIES! I scored tickets to the midnight premier! Whoooo-hoo! I can't even tell you how excited I am!!

Some of other books I've read recently is:
And I would recommend this book! I started reading it, thinking it was going to be weird, but quickly found out that I was wrong. It was really good. So if you are looking for a good book, this ones it!
This one was pretty good, not my most favorite, but entertaining.
Owww...this one is the latest one I finished. Loved it. But, I usually love anything to do with romance, and this one has plenty of that in it. And even better, the MOVIE comes out in March! I'll for sure be seeing that one! I love when they make books into movies. Some people don't like it, but I do. Even if I am disappointed in how it turned out, I still like to see what other people's imagination did with it.


I am getting a little bit of that cabin fever, I miss warm weather. I miss sitting on my back porch, sunbathing....while reading a book :)

If you guys have any favorite books you've read, share them with me! I need them!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you can read so much! I just can not get myself to do it.