Our anniversary was fun, it always is. We were on our road trip over our special day, but what better time to be on a vacation! I can't believe we have been married for 3 years now! But at the exact same time it's like HOLY CATS....it's ONLY been 3 years! We dated for 4 years before we got married, so all together, I have had my cute Ryan in my life for 7 years! I can't imagine life without him now. I am so blessed to have him! I am so in love with him, and every day I think to myself, there is no way I can love this boy anymore....I just love him so much. But then as time goes by, my love just keeps growing....and it's hard to believe it can grow anymore! Why haven't I exploded yet? I am so happy that we get to be together forever, being able to spend eternity with him is just what I imagine what heaven should be like.
MAY 26, 2006
Our Wedding day
MAY 26, 2007

MAY 26, 2007
A special day, one that is just as good or even better than our wedding day.


MAY 26,2008
Get away to Johnson's mill
MAY 26, 2009
Nauvoo, Illinois
I love this picture, it's my favorite.


Okay....so on with the vacation, we had 7 days to drive all the way to Nauvoo, and many places to stop in between. We begged Katie to come with us, we are super close and we all get along really well. I warn you, I love taking pictures, and Katie loves taking pictures even more (maybe that's why she is a photographer!) So between the both of us, we took like 1000 pictures, no joke! And how can I just pick a couple....there was so many good ones! So, I am so sorry, but I think this will be the LONGEST post I have ever done.
First day of our trip, we stuffed Katie in the back of our little car. Just a little tight.Liberty, Missouri:
Our new friend.
This marker, in Richmond Missouri, was where the cabin was where Joseph Smith rebuked the guards after hearing what they did to the saints in Far West.
Checking out the Community of Christ Temple.Grave of two out of the three witnesses to the Book of Mormon.


Isn't this such a cool arch way! Can't you just see it in a scary movie!

Statue of Alexander Donaphin.
Just hanging out in the middle of the road.
Still in Missouri


One of the eight witnesses to the Book of Mormon.

He was war hero and also saved Joseph and Hyrum from the mob in Far West.
He is way cool, we like him!
this spot was where Joseph found an alter, and it was named "Adams alter".
It's no longer there, but they put a marker of where it was. Cool, huh

But, then we found it was SPIDER CITY! Ryan killed a black widow, and at least 15 other spiders within 5 minutes!
Scared of all the spiders!
Scared of all the spiders!Ryan had the brilliant idea to set up out tent in the cabin to protect us from all the spiders!
The next morning, we packed up all our stuff and headed off to anther campground, one that wasn't infested with horrible spiders!
We drove the Martyrdom Trail to Carthage Jail.
Carthage Jail.


NAUVOO !!






Our camp site in Nauvoo, with way less spiders.
Nauvoo vistor's center.


Repilca of the Sunstone on the Nauvoo Temple.
Making guns at the gunsmith shop.
Where Brigham Young lived!

I can't get enough of this beautiful building, it's so easy to take lots of pictures of it!
Ryan's new friend.
Down by the Missippi, the end of the trail of hope.

This is where they saints left thier beloved town behind and crossed the Mississippi.
Sunset on the Mississippi ! (Isn't that a play or song?)




It's my most favorite! And this picture, it's amazing!
This was Joesph and Emma's house.
Just more picutes of the temple, it's pretty from all angles!
It rained the last day we were in Nauvoo, but oh well, at least we got a cute picture!
The seventies Hall
Our scary/ghetto hotel! We left Nauvoo in the afternoon and drove all day. By the time we got to winter quarters, it was late and the first place we found on our GPS was the "morman trail" motel. Well, it didn't sound bad....so we went and checked it out. As soon as we pulled up, we all busted up laughing! But it was so late, so we just decided to stay. Our room was not good, probably the worst room I have ever been in! Ryan put the coolers in front of the door and put his pocket knife under his pillow. Just a little bit parnoid!
Winter Quarters: Nebraska
It rained the last day we were in Nauvoo, but oh well, at least we got a cute picture!holy cow, I can't believe they pulled thoes all the way across the plains!
The winter quarters temple. We planed to go in the moring, but it was closed till the evening and we had no way of going. I was sad. It's a very beautifl Temple.
My love and I.
Kanesville Tabernackle, Nebraska

When the saints were traveling the Morman trail, they had markers to know where they were. This was one of the markers: Chiney rock
Ryan playing a 100 year old organ.
Laramie, Wyoming
Guernsey....

"Register rock" or "Signature rock"
Another marker. When they passed, some left behind thier signature. The rock is full of old pioneer signatures, which is so cool! Every one else who visits the rock, leaves theif mark too, so the whole rock is full of signatures.
Our last day of our journey, we drove 12 hours again to get home. And where dead tired by the time we got home. I missed my bed and my shower so much! It was so nice to get home! But we had so much fun! We drove so much, I was so tried of driving and driving....but it made me realize what the saints went through, I drove across the plains, and they walked. Not much room to complain. And going to all these places where my ancisors come from, and to learn of what they went through, and I am so proud of my hertiage, and am very grateful for them. And because of their sacrifices, I can live my religion the way I believe I should.



2 comments:
I loved looking at all of your pictures. My family saw all the sites about 8 years ago. The memories came running back.
It looks like you guys had lots of fun! You and Ryan make a very cute couple! And will definitely make cute babies!!! We need to go to lunch soon! So be expecting a call!
Post a Comment