Thursday, September 6, 2012

Wicked!!!!

The day finally came....when I got to see WICKED! Best word to describe my evening: AMAZING! Oh, how I loved it! It was EVERYTHING I expected it to be! I hate when you have such high hopes for something and then it turns out to be a flop, which wasn't the case with Wicked. It was sooooo great! Now I can cross it off my bucket list!   =0)
 For the special occasion, I made my own dress. It all started on my birthday, I went to this store at the Gateway Mall called Bettie Page Clothing, and it inspired me! The store was chuck full of 50's dresses! I absolutely love the 40's and 50's, the clothing in those eras are my most favorite. The dress I wanted was too expensive for my budget, so I decided to make my own. It took 3 days, and lots of help from my mom. When I was in college, my major was Apparel and Textiles (Fashion), so I know how to sew. But it's been a while, years to be exact, and I am kinda rusty. So thanks to my sweet mom, it turned out perfect. And I am proud to say, it only cost me $13.00. Sure it took HOURS to make, but that's besides the point.

Our little happy group


Happy, Happy! It was such a happy day!

I'm sure the next time I see Wicked (there WILL be a next time), it will probably be in New York where it shows year around. Hmmmm....I think I'll just plan on that for next years trip, I'm sure Ryan won't mind. hehe.

2 comments:

The Barbers said...

LOVE Wicked and I LOVE your dress!

Starbuck said...

Wicked was so Awesome!:)