Friday, September 28, 2012

Game night and the Drive-in

Just when I thought I was getting all caught up on our life events, I look at the pictures on my computer for the past couple of months, then realize I'm not caught up at all!! Things keep happening, we take pictures to remember the moment, and it's a never ending process! It's hard to pick and choose between all the events, I want to remember it all! My life feels like it's flying by too fast and I just keep getting older and older, but I still feel the same way I did in high school/college (mentally that is). Pretty soon I'll be old and wrinkly, and I won't know what happened! When that day comes, at least I'll have ALL my pictures to remember all my cherished memories!
These cherished memories take place back in July, while my brother Jeff was in town. He and his family was in Utah for a whole week! Which means, lots of fun and lots of pictures! 
When I was little, I was like every other little girl. I LOVED anything pink and Barbies (still do). But unlike some little girls, me and Katie loved watching my big brother Jeff play video games! We didn't have to play, watching was just as much fun. It was like a movie, but we got to help my brother solve the puzzles and choose the endings. We started out watching Castlevania on Nintendo, then as time went by, it was Super Nintendo (oh man, did we ever love Donkey Kong and Mario Kart!), then it was the first PlayStation (that's where Resident Evil and Tomb raider began), and so on. Today, I still like watching Video games, and I sometimes watch Ryan play. So in honor of my brother visiting us, we had a gaming night! Filled with lots of pop, chips, and candy!


It was pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. We had 3 TVs all playing Uncharted 2 at the same time! It was my first time ever playing like that. I wasn't the best at playing the game, considering I was amongst some hard-core gamers, but I can proudly say I killed a good share of bad guys!
"Boom, Boom, Boom!!! Die Bad Guys!!!"



Now....there's some hard-core gamers!


Without further adieu, I now Introduce the newest baby boy of our family: Liam!
Liam is my Nephews little guy....so that makes me a great Aunt? Wow, if that doesn't make me feel old, what does? We love him so, he looks just like his daddy. And as you can see, all babies are welcome to our game nights!

The very next night, we all went to the DRIVE-IN!
More junk food to the rescue! Pizza and Root beer are my favorite combination!

The family that I love  =0)


The friends that are awesome  =0)
This is my brother Jeff's childhood BESTEST friend ever and his family.

 Ryan did a great Job at making sure we were comfortable for our movie! A blow up mattress, lots of blankets and pillows, and the hottest guy to snuggle up too....doesn't get better than that!


Oh, what a couple of nights it was! Definitely cherished memories!

2 comments:

The Barbers said...

Hooray for Families and Drive-in movies! There's nothing better on a Summer night!

tonya said...

ahh, I am envious of having so much family around! looks like so much fun!